In today’s tech savvy era, the Internet undoubtedly plays a very important role in our lives. With smart devices like computer, tablets and mobile phones, we get to have the internet at our fingertips easily. To enable the people with uninterrupted high-speed internet service, either at the workplace or at home, routers play a vital role. Routers consist of private IP address, which in turn assigns private IP to all other devices connected to it lying in the same gateway making a private network for secured communication of data. Generally, IP 192.168.1.254 is assigned to routers by manufacturers as private IP.
How To Check Router IP Address? – 192.168.l.254 Login
A router is a small 3-network gateway electronic device that can connect two or more network devices simultaneously. The connections can be done wirelessly or even wired according to usage. For the ease of connection, by default, routers are assigned with IP address as 192.168.1.254. But some routers can have different IP addresses as well like 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1. Once you have the IP address of your router, you can then easily connect it for user administration in other devices.
If are not aware of your router’s IP address, here are the 3 simple steps to follow:
Conform 192.168.l.254 IP in Windows and MacOS
- Open the command prompt in your system (like a computer).
- Run ipconfig on it ( It will display a list of connections on the computer).
- Under local area connection, default gateway will display your router’s IP address.
In Linux systems
- Linux users can check through a terminal window.
- Enter hostname –I (i.e; capital i) or ifconfig or IP address show command.
- In the result, the IP address will be displayed.
In Android systems
- Open settings in the android device.
- Click on Wi-Fi settings or wireless controls.
- Now click on the network and check the IP address given in the information.
Now that you know your router’s IP address, it is possible to set and reset your username and password through the administrative panel.
192.168.1.254 Router Administrative Panel
For accessing the admin page of your router, type the IP address in the address bar of your web browser. You do not need to add “www” before IP address. Eg: if your IP address is 192.168.l.254, then by just entering the IP address alone (i.e; 192.168.1.254), you will enter the router’s administrative panel.
After you have entered the panel, you will be prompted for entering username and password. This will prevent any unauthorized users in a range of network from making any undesirable changes to security, password or even firewall settings. Also, since you are the authorized user for the device, it is possible for you to block some unwanted websites from searches, and perform management of the particular IP address for other authorized connected devices and network security.
For accessing the router admin console for the first time, you can enter the default username and password and can later change it for security reasons using the administrative interface.
Default Router Login Credentials
Generally, routers are set and shipped with default user/ pass combination which is also mentioned on the hardware itself for smooth access.
Some of the widely used routers and their default username/password combinations are:
|3. Motorola||admin||admin/password/Motorola /router|
|7. TP -Link||admin||admin|
After you have entered the default username and password, you will be able to access the router’s console where you will be able to configure and perform the various administration tasks. Along with this, in this.
Guide for Resetting The Password for a Device With IP 192.168.l.254
Sometimes, in between in our daily chores and numerous other things to remember, we tend to forget our router’s password. Unfortunately, without the device credentials, we cannot access the internet or Wi-Fi on any of the devices.
If you bought the router directly from the manufacturer, then the router will take default username and password as login credentials. But if you have already altered the login credentials once of the router and have now forgotten, then you need to reset the router settings for getting the access again to the router.
Steps to reset Router’s credentials with IP 192.168.1.254:
Step 1: Turn OFF the router.
Step 2: Press the reset button present on the rear panel of the device with the help of a pointer.
Step 3: Now turn ON the router, while you are pressing the reset button. The reset button need to be pressed for 5 to 10 seconds after the router is turned ON.
Step 4: Now the router is back with factory settings. For accessing the administration panel, please follow all the steps mentioned previously. You can connect the router to your computer through a cable or even wirelessly.
- When you reset the router, it will delete all the configurations done by you and will turn to factory default setup. This will make you lose all the settings and data provided to it.
- When you are resetting your router, make sure your computer’s IP address is within the same subnet like that of your router. Eg: IP address 192.168.l.254 subnet mask is 255.255.255.0. So, the default gateway of the computer should be the same as that of router for connectivity.
What to do if you cannot access the router with the mentioned IP address?
- It is possible sometimes to face some trouble in accessing the router through the mentioned IP address. This can happen due to many reasons like:
- If the IP address of the device like the router is not configured properly, this problem can occur.
- Even if your router’s IP address is configured properly, the problem can arise because of improper default username/password setup or proxy setup of the router.
So, if you are facing some similar issues with your router or is not able to access any site through it then go through the instructions stated below:
Start your smart device like a computer and run CMD to open a command prompt on it.
- To check if the router is responding well, type ‘ping 192.168.1.254’.
- After a few minutes ‘connection established’ result will be displayed. If not then ‘request timed out’ will be shown in the result.
- Request timed out a message in result shows that your router is not plugged in or attached properly or is not in the same gateway as that of the device.
With this detailed guide on routers along with some special tips and steps for configuration and administration, you will be able to set up your router perfectly. Also, now you don’t have to worry about remembering the credentials of your router as in this article we have mentioned the steps which will make you smoothly reset the password and in no time. Henceforth, this is all you need to know about the basic information about routers and IP address 192.168.1.254 administration setup.